[SATLUG] New Ubuntu Networking Topic...

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:26:23 CST 2008

The basic idea boils down to:

Share out the drives that you wish to...

Make sure you have added the user (your_username) to samba:

$ sudo smbpasswd -a your_username

enter the password you want and you should be able to access the share.

As for 'visibility' as soon as you share out a drive, it should be
immediately visible to everyone on the network, they just can't access it
until they are added as a samba user.