[SATLUG] nvidia 680i lt chipset and linux

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Thu Jan 10 17:43:02 CST 2008

Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> actually I was checking out that very board, but I am concerned is it
> SLI.  tigerdirect says that it is but the pictures look as if the two
> pci-e slots are to far apart for the SLI bridge.

It is very much SLI capable as I am running two 8800GTS's in my system.
While the slots may be farther apart, what matters is the SLI bridge and
that comes with whatever motherboard you buy.

You should know that SLI is only really good in Windows. Linux support
is there, but the performance is worse than that of a single card. Also,
when you use SLI, you can only use one monitor. If multiple monitors is
important to you, you will either be switching SLI on and off just
opting not to using it. For my setup, my Windows install always has SLI
enabled since I only use it for gaming and Linux does not have it
enabled since I run two monitors for productivity.

Daniel