[SATLUG] Trinity Rescue Linux high recommended (G4L)

Stephen Gutknecht (RoundSparrow) Stephen at RoundSparrow.com
Fri Jan 11 13:33:34 CST 2008

Hello Jeremy,

Suggestion that the TrinityHome.org site does have an active forum and
I suggest you post a thread with errors / dmesg you are getting.  I
can make a point to review what you post there...

SATA support
===========
On both a Gigabyte DS3, Thinkpad T61p and various other systems I've
tried it recognizes the SATA drive without problem.  What does the
dmesg show, what is your hardware?  Trinity "TRK 3.3 build 306" is the
latest and currently has Linux Kernel 2.6.23.1

In fact, it was using it with SATA DVD recorder drives for booting
that got me interested in Trinity... I could not get other Linux
rescue tools to boot on such a system. They mostly had out of date
kernel versions.  I run my SATA drives in native mode, not IDE
emulation...

NTPass question
I'm not sure exactly what function of 'ntpass' you want - I believe
that is actually Win32 application and won't run on Linux directly.
However, Trinity does include "winpass" and some other utilities for
resetting Windows passwords.  Read here:
http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?wpid=7&front_id=12#winpass

  Stephen Gutknecht
  Canyon Lake, TX