[SATLUG] Printer Question

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 23:05:35 CST 2008

That memory is for document storage.  The more memory your printer has, the
bigger of (or more of) documents it can hold while printing.  This means
that if you have a PDF that is 50MB, the 32MB will not be able to hold all
of it and it will be processed in batches.  The 64MB will be able to hold
it, so you print spooler will send the print job out and leave the printer
to do it's thing.  If you are using it in a home setup or with light usage,
the memory really doesn't matter.  If you are in a large environment that
may be printing many documents concurrently, your print server will have to
'store and forward' jobs as the memory in the printer becomes available.

Ernest