[SATLUG] Printer Question

Richard Suberg rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 23:30:30 CST 2008

It also takes into account the options the printer is coming with...
It normally takes more memory to print a higher resolution page than
a lower resolution page if there are graphics, if the printer will do
two sided printing on its own (duplex), if it does color, and what
languages the printer understands.  It takes less memory for PCL than PS,
but you can get better graphic quality with PS than PCL.  Also, many
printers now can directly print a PDF document without having to be
ran thru an adobe reader...just copy the file to the printer and it
will print it.

Richard