[SATLUG] raid questions

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 17:39:42 CST 2008

It's not a possibility to get another drive right now. I need to pay for several other things. He didn't site any sources. Is there any books or legitimate information that says raid 0 and raid 1 together are not good? He's saying that would cause too much disk usage, but is that more disk usage than having both partitions in raid 1?

"Todd W. Bucy" <toddwbucy at grandecom.net> wrote: Chris Lemire wrote:
> I'm being told that my raid setup is a bad idea. Is this true?
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=941593#post941592

I can't answer to whether or not it will "chew up" you hard drives but
he may be about sluggish performance when putting a raid 0 and raid 1 on
the same drive.  IF you can you might want to consider getting another
320 gig and going raid 5.

Todd