Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 01:55:12 CST 2008

I'm pretty sure that some of you heard that Amazon.com finally secured the
right to distribute Sony BMG music DRM free.  That was the last of the four
major record labels holding out.  Now Amazon is the only large online
retailer to offer music from all four major record labels DRM free for
download.  There is some discussion about watermarking the music at the
moment, but two of the four labels want nothing to do with it, while the
other two are using anonymous watermarking.  Who knows how the watermarking
may evolve or not, I'm just happy that the big 4 have given up on DRM as we
know it.  I know that I'll be buying from Amazon from now on.  Hopefully
more people will switch from iTunes and Rhapsody and force them to comply.
It was great to watch the record companies be brought to their knees in the
process.  I like to think that we knew it would happen all along.

voiced by Benjamin Franklin