[SATLUG] OT: Ratio of IT Staff to Employees

Eric Haugen erichaugen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 02:24:43 CST 2008

I am trying to convince my boss that he needs to hire possibly 2-3 new IT
staff members since the current situation is that I am the only full time IT
person on the payroll.  We have contracted with an outside IT firm  for a
guy to work on some large projects and act as the department coordinator.

Current employee to IT ratio would make that about 140:1  This would not be
so bad if we were all in 1 building but we have 9 building on the main
campus and 7 remote locations.

That being said what is the ratios in you your businesses?
Are there any articles I can use as ammo for my argument to hire some more
help?
So far I have come up with these
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=784840
http://news.zdnet.com/2422-13569_22-155252.html