[SATLUG] raid questions

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 14:29:05 CST 2008

It's not going to 'cause problems' but it will cut your RAID 0 performance
in half because any read/writes to the non-RAID set will slow down
read/writes to the RAID 0 set (and that will be on only one drive with the
setup you are suggesting.)  The best option for you is just to set
everything in RAID 1 across the two disks.  You will not get the best
performance, but your performance shouldn't be horrible either.  You'll get
the added benefit of having a mirror of everything.