[SATLUG] Help with Boot & Keyboard Problem New Thread

Mario Compean mariocompeanc at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 17:09:12 CST 2008

Thanks Don Wright, Ernest De Leon, & Charles Hogan.

I reseated the connector cable of the new keyboard three times and the problem did not go away. I then reinstalled the old keyboard and that corrected the boot problem. Now, however, the keyboard is not recognized and doesn't work at all.  I reinstalled the driver via the device manager procedure (remove old driver & reinstall it) and it's still not working although "found new hardware" wizard sees it and says the driver was reinstalled. Last, I connected a usb external keyboard and that one works ok without any issues. I'll greatly appreciate any new pointers on how to fix it.

Mario