[SATLUG] Keyboard Problem Solved

Mario Compean mariocompeanc at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 23:23:52 CST 2008

Thanks to all who gave me input. After tinkering with it guided by your pointers I was able to isolate the issues: defective cable connector on the new keyboard was the culprit; it just stays loose not making proper secure contact. The issue with the failure of the old motherboard was improper installation on my part. When I opened  the box again the cable was completely disconnected.  Everything  is back to normal except for the broken  "S" key, which is a minor issue.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me fix the problem,