[SATLUG] raid questions

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Jan 13 22:49:47 CST 2008

On 1/13/08, Chris Lemire wrote:

>  Should I remove the raid 1 array and have my /home without raid? I can't
>  put it on another hard drive because I only have 2.

Put everything on RAID-1 and you should be fine -- which gives you
the advantage of having a mirror copy of all data.  If you need more
disk space than that, my suggestion would be to split up the storage
across the two disks (as opposed to doing RAID-0), and you can set up
cron jobs to do manual nightly copies of the most important disks to
identical backup slices on the other disk.