[SATLUG] PS3 Linux... why?

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 00:17:46 CST 2008

I have Ubuntu running on mine.  It was half a "because I can thing" and half
a "media center thing."  I can now sit on my couch in the living room with
my bluetooth KB/Mouse and work on 50" of wide-screen real estate.  My next
project is to throw VMWare server on it, then XP so that I can try my
streaming netflix on it.  It makes the perfect HTPC.  You can also donate
some CPU cycles to folding at home via the native PS3 client or via linux on
the PS3.  Who knows what else I'll find to do with it.

Ernest