[SATLUG] Sustainable IT

Brian Lewis astro at astr0.org
Tue Jan 15 22:39:51 CST 2008

No, actually I just wanted to know the actual figures behind the claim
that upgrading to vista was somehow less green. Ernest provided a good
explanation behind his rational but did not provide numbers and
figures as well as any type of case study or any real proof other than
his own opinion. His blog post is assuming that every person who
upgrades will need new hardware, thus using vista makes you "less
green", which is hardly true.

Perhaps I wanted to use that blog post to present to a few contacts I
have to convince them not to upgrade.

Just because someone asks for facts to back up a claim doesn't make
them a troll, in fact, I was asking because I wanted to be more
informed, however asking for proof to backup an opinion I'd hardly
trying to troll/argue/start something.

You calling me a troll makes you the troll by default here. I do
apologize if you are unable to articulate your own ideas and think
freely and outside the box.

Thanks,
Brian
Sent from my iPhone