[SATLUG] Sustainable IT

Brian Lewis astro at astr0.org
Wed Jan 16 06:04:59 CST 2008

Having a difference in opinion makes someone a troll? Wow. I guess
anyone who has ever disagreed to anyone else opinion is a troll. God
forbid a question was asked to further ones knowledge on a subject.

A fact is something that can he proven. An arbitrary statement that
"my os is greener because I didn't upgrade" hardly fits in a fact
category, espically when hardware can be recycled (a huge factor for
being "green").

Granted I hate vista as much as the next guy, but posting something so
untrue and dishing it as fact is quite dangerous, as someone may begin
to think that the poster actually knows what they are talking about.

My Linux box uses much less power. That may make it greener but if you
aren't offsetting your power consumption by planting a tree or doing
something that will actually make a dfference, then your case for
being green is an outright lie.

Also recycling is a huge part of being green. Don't lump that into the
waste category because it is quite the opposite. What do you thing
recycling means??

Thanks,
Brian
Sent from my iPhone