[SATLUG] Sun and MySQL

henry.pugsley at gmail.com henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:49:06 CST 2008

I bet MS is watching too.  With an enterprise backing like Java, MySQL
can no longer be dismissed when it comes to enterprise solutions.
Anyone writng large Java apps is going to lean towards MySQL instead
of MSSQL or Oracle.  MySQL clusters and scales much better than MSSQL
already.

-Henry

On 1/16/08, Travis Runty <trunty at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can bet that Oracle is paying attention to this...  And nervous.
>
> Travis Runty
> www.travisrunty.com
>
> On Jan 16, 2008 1:27 PM, Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For those that haven't heard the news regarding SUN and MySQL
> >

> http://edeleonjr.blogspot.com/2008/01/sun-microsystems-buys-open-source.html
> >

> > --
> > They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
> > deserve neither liberty nor safety.  - A common 18th Century sentiment
> > voiced by Benjamin Franklin
> >
> > Join the Ron Paul Revolution - Taking America Back
> > http://www.prezronpaul.com
> > --

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" - Alan Kay