[SATLUG] OT: Great website for a store, & an unbelievable programming job

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Wed Jan 16 22:14:17 CST 2008

Someone sent this to me & I knew this is the kind of group that can
appreciate the work needed to do this ...

HEMA is a Dutch department store. The first store opened on Nov. 4,
1926, in Amsterdam. Now, there are 150 stores all over the Netherlands,
and there are stores in Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany.

In June of this year, HEMA was sold to the British investment company
Lion Capital.

Take a look at HEMA's product page. It's in Dutch and you can't order
anything, but just wait a couple of seconds and watch what happens...the
company has a sense of humor and a great computer programmer: