[SATLUG] what will they screw up next

Mike Ester comptech3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 07:39:14 CST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 10:36 PM, David Kowis <dkowis at shlrm.org> wrote:

> Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> > Peter Holland wrote:
> >> can we count how many ways this can foul up
> >>

> http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/01/14/microsoft-msft-looks-to-revolutionize-your-grocery-shopping/
>
> You know, I can be at home, make myself a shopping list and have it at
> the grocery store too. IT'S CALLED PAPER!

You beat me to it. I was going to say that the best peripheral that any
computer user can have is a notepad and pencil.

It never ceases to amaze me how we tend to do our best to make a hard job
out of an easy one. Case in point: at my day job, the students have a limit
to the number of pages they can print per day. One student came to me in a
panic. She was trying to print out the Mapquest directions to her clinical
assignment, but the print job was being refused because she reached her
daily limit. "OMG, I need these directions!!! What can i do?!!!", she said.

I looked her square in the eye and said, "You could write them down."

:p