[SATLUG] Problem with AVerMedia TV card in SuSE 10.3

Emon emon at lavabit.com
Fri Jan 18 05:01:02 CST 2008

Hi everone

I have just installed a "AVer TV Super 007" card from AverMedia but when
I try to Scan for channels using KDETV it can't find any channel. In
YaST it shows up under "Hardware" -> "TV Card" as "SAA7133/SAA7135 Video
Broadcast Decoder" but when I try to scan channels from there it says

*********************
device has no tuner, exiting
Number of TV Stations Found: 0
*********************

So someone at my local lug suggested to do this; he says he found the
solution at some suse forum but can't remember which one :-(

**************************
"In suse you have to enter the needed values with Yast:
hardware->TV card -> Edit -> Expert settings
set Module parameters
card 57
gbuffers 2
tuner 54"

**************************

With these settings I Was getting video, but no audio!!
So I started mailing all the SuSE forums & and finally I found a
solution from this thread that I started

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/suse-linux-help/112495-avermedia-tv-card-not-working-under-suse10-3-a-2.html

Basically the guy told me this.....

*****************
Search in Yast Software Management repos for "sox" and instal it. Then
When you run your tv, enter in a console as root:
Code:

modprobe saa7134-alsa index=1,2
sox -q -c 2 -s -w -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp -w -r 32000
/dev/dsp

I followed his instructions & now I am getting sound but as soon as I
reboot I lose sound, & I have to type those commands again....

So can some one please tell me what those commands mean & is it possible
 to make the solution permanent??

Thanks
Emon