[SATLUG] RAID 5 setup

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Sat Jan 19 09:11:26 CST 2008

In the past couple of weeks I have gotten in my new hard drives and have
been experimenting with RAID set ups.  I have 4 320 gb hd and 1 200 gb
hd.  I would like to set up the 4 320 gb hd as a raid 5 and use the 200
gb hd for a hackintosh set up.  My question is this, given the number
and size of the drives that I have what would be the most optimal
set-up?  Keep in mind that the purpose of this machine is media editing
machine.  As such it will also be the master in render farm set up under
cinelerra.  I would like to have it set up such that my eventual
hackintosh set-up will be able to access my media files.

any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Todd