[SATLUG] what will they screw up next

country glenn.toothman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 10:56:59 CST 2008

To add to this a bit, with a little drift, there is a provider in Wilson
County, that has a very young (think the oldest is 22) staff in their
office, and all are gamers, they set up the system (provider) to reduce the
throughput on the channels (is RF setup) except for themselves and their
gamer friends.

It really got aggrivating to be doing work (at the store I worked at) and
the through put go to less than 56K when these were playing games when
complain about it, the reply was ALWAYS 'it is your system'.  I knew these
guys and knew what they were doing, and eventually after threatening to
report them to their bosses (who are system/ISP ignorant) they set up our
system for full throughput.

Am glad I live in Karnes County for my personal systems, and get a good
throughput on ISDN from AT&T.. Of course living about 50 meters from the
switch is a plus as well hahahahah

Glenn T