[SATLUG] RAID 5 setup

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 10:57:13 CST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 8:31 AM, Daniel J. Givens <daniel at rugmonster.org> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, why do you say that? I've been running reiserfs
> on all my systems for about two years without problems. I switched to it
> after an XFS volume bit it and I lost a whole bunch of stuff.

Data integrity is not a priority of ReiserFS, oddly enough.  There are
windows of opportunity during operations where ReiserFS can become
corrupted.  It has happened to me.  But this is not the main issue.
You want to support large files.  Use XFS for that...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."