[SATLUG] RAID 5 setup

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Sat Jan 19 18:46:21 CST 2008

> You should first test and see if drive I/O is even a bottleneck for you.  If
> it is, then I would examine doing a RAID-10 (a RAID-0 stripe of RAID-1
> arrays).  If it's not a problem, then a RAID-5 will probably do just fine for
> you.
>
> Tweeks

well the ubuntu alternate install cd did not give me the option of RAID
1+0 so I chose RAID 5.  I know that I might have been able to find a
work around but after spending the day assembling my new box I just want
to get it up and running. Since I spent a few extra bucks on parts this
time around and bottlenecking I may encounter with RAID 5 will be
tolerable enough.

Ill post the benchmarks in the next day or so....hmmm by the way can
anyone recommend a good benchmark suit for a quad core. lmbench is slow
and unreliable on SMP boards.

Todd

Todd