[SATLUG] Free Linux 201 class

gboswell gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu
Sun Jan 20 16:33:55 CST 2008

I just finished a Linux 101 class and started a Linux 201 class at  HP
learning Center h30187.www3.hp.com/. <h30187.www3.hp.com/>
I was looking for additional teaching ideas and found lots of
information. There are many other things you can take like html ,
security, firewalls, and of course Vista and the other M$  products. The
Linux 101 was limited but very informative for a beginning Linux class,
and it was FREE. I've only done the first 2 lessons of the 6 lessons of
Linux 201 and found them refreshing and a great review. This class is
open as only the first 3 lessons have been published. Knowing a Linux
301 will be next it might be good for those of us that are
not-so-expert, and you may not learn anything new but great review. Not
as informative as the Claude Shannon presentation but good information.

The bad is you must register and answer marketing questions and get some
email but so far that has not been a problem for me. By answering a
survey you can down load the entire class as a pdf if you can't wait for
the lessons to show up every Tuesday & Thursday.

Glenn Boswell "Boz"      gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu

Personal email should be directed to gboswellsac at yahoo.com
San Antonio College  Dept. CIS (210)-733-2866
"Freedom is not FREE", let us never forget.

"We make a living by what we Get.
 We make a LIFE by what we GIVE." anonymous