[SATLUG] Free Linux 201 class

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 15:17:10 CST 2008

I've got a friend who is going to make the switch from Windows to Linux, and he seems really ready to do it. He was once upon a time a programmer. I'll be bringing him to the installfest. He asked me, how can he learn Linux. I'm willing to provide information to him and answer his questions. Would you be willing to give him information on the free Linux class during the installfest?  Also, I'd like to get him signed up for the mailing list. That will probably happen after the meeting.

gboswell <gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu> wrote: I just finished a Linux 101 class and started a Linux 201 class at  HP
learning Center h30187.www3.hp.com/.
I was looking for additional teaching ideas and found lots of
information. There are many other things you can take like html ,
security, firewalls, and of course Vista and the other M$  products. The
Linux 101 was limited but very informative for a beginning Linux class,
and it was FREE. I've only done the first 2 lessons of the 6 lessons of
Linux 201 and found them refreshing and a great review. This class is
open as only the first 3 lessons have been published. Knowing a Linux
301 will be next it might be good for those of us that are
not-so-expert, and you may not learn anything new but great review. Not
as informative as the Claude Shannon presentation but good information.

The bad is you must register and answer marketing questions and get some
email but so far that has not been a problem for me. By answering a
survey you can down load the entire class as a pdf if you can't wait for
the lessons to show up every Tuesday & Thursday.

Glenn Boswell "Boz"      gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu

Personal email should be directed to gboswellsac at yahoo.com
San Antonio College  Dept. CIS (210)-733-2866
"Freedom is not FREE", let us never forget.

"We make a living by what we Get.
 We make a LIFE by what we GIVE." anonymous