[SATLUG] VLC PLAYLIST MANUAL LOAD

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Mon Jan 21 18:06:17 CST 2008

VLC playlist Mon Jan 21 17:33:18 2008 ... I follow the instructs to save
the VLC playlist for Streaming Radio favorite URLs and it appears to
save but does not. The file of the name I give never gets created. So I
wondered if I can maintain a manual text file and load a comma
delineated string and yes you can in a roun-a-
about way. I am sure there is another way and I would love to hear if it
is a permanent save. This procedure has to be redone each time VLC is
started up.

I tried pasting the string into the startup URL stream box, you find
this in <<Settings <<Preferances <<Playlist <<Default Stream but it
fails so I have it set just to the first choice.

PLAYLIST MANUAL LOAD FOR VLC ...<< open Playlist << Manage menu<< add
url << Network tab << click the button for HTTP AND PASTE THE STRING
INTO THE DIALOG WINDOW << click ok  .... now the string will appear in
the playlist window and will respond to selecting.  Here are my eight fav's:
http://wm-eon.vitalstreamcdn.com/live_eonwmss_vitalstream_com_mapleton-kpigfm3,http://stream.
kpft.org/streamkpft.m3u, http://tpr.org/audio/kstx.m3u,
http://mp3.wusf.usf.edu:8002/,
http://pubint.ic.llnwd.net/stream/pubint_ksut,