[SATLUG] Noob tip Ubuntu

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Mon Jan 21 18:18:43 CST 2008

I recently found that I can boot just Gnome and reset the menus and
running apps without rebooting the box << ctrl+alt+backspace closes
files and reboots Gnome only. this helps when things start to bog a bit
like streaming does when traffic is heavy. Or when Package manage fails
and freezes and will not display the force quit. anyway it's faster by
far than a full boot.

I am sure all experienced users will know this but I just didnot read it
anywhere until I was tracking another problem and found it under
KB-shortcuts, said DUH!!!! of course

If you are new don't despair just keep reading and googling, almost
every answer is there buried in the tons of data filed under a mystery
name. If you guess what to ask you win. lol

herb