[SATLUG] lvm2 and raid again

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 22:27:59 CST 2008

What do you suggest? I want performance, and I can't think of a better way to do this than striping, either raid 0 or lvm2 to do this. I have two hard drives 320 gb each.

Tom Weeks <tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org> wrote: On Monday 21 January 2008 21:51:14 Tom Weeks wrote:
[...]
> If this is your goal (assume you're talking about using snapshots) then
> look into using XFS so that you have a filesystem that you can sync and
> lock while doing your partition snap.
>
> Tweeks

p.s. as others mentioned... snapshots to the same disk should not be
considered "backups", unless it's just a static holding place for you to go
to other media from via tar, rsynch, etc.

Tweeks