[SATLUG] lvm2 and raid again

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 00:18:53 CST 2008

I believe this is the equivalent of a turbo Hayabusa.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/storage/640gb-flash-hard-drive-for-a-paltry-19000-308398.php

Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote: On 1/21/08, David Kowis wrote:

>  Also, if you want a "turbo Hayabusa" then you should go with a hardware
>  raid solution. Raid0. You'd need multiple disks to make a RAID 0
>  solution work. Two disks at least.

For a Turbo Hayabusa, you'd need a lot more disks than that.  You'll
need 4Gb FCSW SAN networking with wire-speed switches, large numbers
of FC connected 15KRPM SASI disks, and a few terabytes of SSD to act
as a high-speed cache.