[SATLUG] XP Legal Issue Question

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:44:46 CST 2008

I would just 'uninstall' xp from the old machine and reinstall it on your
new one.  If there is some sort of conflict, you will get a pop-up informing
you that you need to call in to Microsoft.  When you get a hold of the agent
somewhere in India, just tell them that your old box blew up and you bought
a new motherboard.  When they give you the series of numbers (I forget what
they're called exactly,) you're in the clear.

Ernest