[SATLUG] Looking for another ISP

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:37:21 CST 2008

Not working inside a telco or cable provider I can't give an exact answer,
but my assumption would be that there is a lower level business class
available for small businesses like an attorney's office with 5-10
employees.  That gives just enough upload/download to keep everyone in the
small office happy, but they still charge a couple of hundred for it.  For
an attorney, that's pocket change and it keeps business moving.  I would be
surprised if there was anything between 2 and 10 Mbit/sec even offered.
There may be a 5 Mbit/sec for slightly larger offices, but I think once you
are at the level of 100+ PCs, where you may need the bigger pipe up and
down, then you hit that 10 Mbit/sec boundary and your price is now in the
low thousands per month.

Ernest