[SATLUG] Looking for another ISP

Zeb Fletcher zeb.fletcher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:47:41 CST 2008

Jeremy - Because of the way networks were designed for asynchronous traffic.
There is a larger demand for download traffic so the networks were designed
for this, causing upload speeds to be priced at a premium or so I have been
told. As for finding an ISP your best bet is to wear out your desk phone and
start calling around. You should be able to qualify for discounts because
your an educational facility that might not be advertised on thier websites.
Try all the major Telcos (SBC,Sprint, Verizon, Grande, Embarq, XO, Level 3,
Alpheus) There are alot of carriers out there that might be able to help.

Zeb