[SATLUG] OT: Blogging

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 18:47:55 CST 2008

The two major blogging platforms out there are word press and blogger.
Wordpress has both a hosted (free) version and one which you download (for
free) and install on your own web server.  Blogger is a Google service and
can tie in with your Gmail or other Google services.  Unless you want total
control over every little aspect of the blog, the free versions of both word
press and blogger are great.  I use Blogger for several of my blogs, and I
am very happy with it.  It is quite fast, free and Google has built many
enhancements into it of late.  If you want to track your blog with Googly
Analytics (urchin) or some other tracking system, Blogger does allow
javascript whereas word press does not.  Adsense is also a one click install
on all blog pages with Blogger.  Simply put, I would recommend Blogger
overall.  You can see my tech blog at http://smbtechadvice.com