[SATLUG] Fwd: OLPC Crisis: Customer Data Lost

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 16:27:46 CST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 1:46 PM, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
> In speaking in IRC with a staffer at OLPC whom I trust, he
> indicates this is not true
>
> It may make sense to look into the facts before responding to
> what appears to be a libel.

Agreed.  I don't think they mean to swindle people here.  However, it
is unfortunate that the variables have lead us to the current
situation where there are many many frustrated purchasers and no ETA
on laptop arrivals.  I think that people have kept relatively quiet
about all the issues because the OLPC is a great cause, one that I
invested four laptops to support.  However, such a gracious effort
does not make them immune to criticism...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."