[SATLUG] Fwd: OLPC Crisis: Customer Data Lost

John Chalinder argiod at bresnan.net
Thu Jan 24 17:58:51 CST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:27:46 -0800
  "Kristian Erik Hermansen" <kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 1:46 PM, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:

> I don't think they mean to swindle people here.

Indeed; however, in light of Intel's JAN 4th decision not to make the
computers; I don't see how they can deliver.

Has anyone heard of the job being farmed out to another company? If so, this
may be the reason for the delay; waiting for another company to tool up for
the production. So far, I've not heard of any new deal; at least, not on the
OLPC site...

Agreed they may not be trying to swindle anyone; but, wouldn't it be nice if
the folks at OLPC would spend a few lines on their website to let people know
what's happening, instead of telling them on the 18th of Jan that they will
get their computers on the 15th of January... and still no systems in sight?

I don't usually get upset with a company if they're having problems, IF I am
kept informed of the situation; with details, not excuses. None of us like
being treated like mushrooms; being kept in the dark and fed fertilizer...

At this point, I think they should either deliver or refund.

Of course, that's just my opinion: I could be wrong.