[SATLUG] howto set up sftp :: help

twistedpickles twistedpickles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:28:43 CST 2008

Trying to setup sftp on centos to start a communication / data link
between blogger.com and my server.

I'm trying to connect but the connection times out. I am using SCP on
windoze as my client for testing because at the moment thats what I
have.

My steps are as follows:
http://wiki.vpslink.com/index.php?title=Configuring_vsftpd_for_secure_connections_(TLS/SSL/SFTP)

>hungry for vsftpd
#yum install vsftpd

>Generate a Certificate
#openssl req -x509 -nodes -days liftetime -newkey rsa:1024 \
 -keyout /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.pem \
 -out /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.pem

>Edit Vsftpd.conf
ssl_enable=YES
 allow_anon_ssl=NO
 force_local_data_ssl=NO
 force_local_logins_ssl=YES
 ssl_tlsv1=YES
 ssl_sslv2=NO
 ssl_sslv3=NO
 rsa_cert_file=/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.pem

>start VSFTPD
#/ect/rc.d/init.d/vsftpd start

>Iptables
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 20 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT

I then launched scp selected sftp entered server info and wait....
error time out. I copied over the key.pem to the connecting computer.

Have I missed or messed up somwherez?

--
::twistedPickles:: :