[SATLUG] WLAN frequency detection

Travis Runty trunty at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:22:48 CST 2008

Yup, and speaking from personal experience when it comes to the canopy
systems in our area I would stay away from 2.4ghz.  I had issues when I
turned the microwave on, played my ps2 with wireless contorollers, neighbors
used their 2.4 ghz phone, etc...   I now use a 5.8ghz which works really
well in my area and my parents use 900mhz so they can blast through some
trees.  Obviously the 5.8ghz is vulnerable to interference as well but in my
experience it proved to be better in my situation.

-Travis

On Jan 25, 2008 5:28 PM, Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> What you want is an RF analyzer that can scan that frequency...
>
> This should help you out...
>
> http://www.airmagnet.com/products/spectrum_analyzer/
>
> On Jan 25, 2008 2:51 PM, john mashl <jmashl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  hey yall
> >
> > I have been working for a wireless internet service provider horizion
> > telecom/ranch wireless here in seguin.
> >
> > hwtx.com    or   ctxu.com
> >
> > somtimes we get signal interference and i have been wondering if there
> > is a way to "see" what outher frequencys might be causing the problem.
> > we use the motorolla canpopy product line that uses the 2.4 ghz band
> > for the subscriber modules. when we do an a.p. scan the radio will
> > tell us that there are outher frequencys in use but nothing specific.
> > would baudline help or does anybody have any outher suggestions for
> > scanning the 2.4 ghz bandwidth
> > --

> Ernest de Leon
> http://www.smbtechadvice.com
>
> They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
> deserve neither liberty nor safety.  - A common 18th Century sentiment
> voiced by Benjamin Franklin
>
> Join the Ron Paul Revolution - Taking America Back
> http://www.prezronpaul.com

Travis Runty
210.391.3949
www.travisrunty.com