[SATLUG] howto set up sftp :: help

Wayne Walker wwalker at bybent.com
Fri Jan 25 21:21:59 CST 2008

The confusion here is that there are TWO different SFTP protocols.  One
is an ftp like client module for ssh.  It is essentially scp.

The other is Secure FTP which is a standard FTP protocol with a
non-standard, secure authentication mechanism.

They are both called sftp :-(

So, step 1 is "which sftp are you trying to setup?"

Wayne