[SATLUG] WLAN frequency detection

Zylone zylone31337 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:03:10 CST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 4:51 PM, john mashl <jmashl at gmail.com> wrote:

>  hey yall
>
> I have been working for a wireless internet service provider horizion
> telecom/ranch wireless here in seguin.
>
> hwtx.com    or   ctxu.com
>
> somtimes we get signal interference and i have been wondering if there
> is a way to "see" what outher frequencys might be causing the problem.
> we use the motorolla canpopy product line that uses the 2.4 ghz band
> for the subscriber modules. when we do an a.p. scan the radio will
> tell us that there are outher frequencys in use but nothing specific.
> would baudline help or does anybody have any outher suggestions for
> scanning the 2.4 ghz bandwidth

I agree, spectrum analyzer is the way to go as far as seeing what else is
out there, and try and get away from the 2.4ghz range. Might cost a bit
more, but look into Canopy's 5ghz equipment, or even look into other
equipment, esp for smaller subsciber setup's where tons of bandwidth aren't
needed, like Tranzeo, etc.