[SATLUG] OT: CDRW Media

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 19:15:10 CST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 3:55 PM, scs at worldlinkisp.com <scs at worldlinkisp.com> wrote:
> Has/is anyone experiencing problems with cdrw high
> speed media (above x4)?

Yes.  However, I have never had issues with Verbatim media at any
speed.  Verbatim is the highest quality media you can buy and almost
always works due to the special formula, which is only implement by
one other media manufacturer (AFAIK).  A long debate came up about
this on another mailing list and everyone seemed to agree on Verbatim
being the highest quality media.  In fact, Verbatim 24x CD-RW media
was the only high speed media that actually worked in two different
cars that I have owned.  10x and 16x CD-RW media that I have tried,
although successfully burnt, may not play properly or will have
errors.  Verbatim 24x CD-RW worked flawlessly.  I think many consider
this common knowledge in certain arenas...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."