[SATLUG] not successful at installfest

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 21:57:08 CST 2008

What are the ports that he does have?  Any PCMCIA? Any USB?

You mentioned two laptops, do either have the ports mentioned above?
If he has at least a PCMCIA port that is 32 bit, you can use a PCMCIA-USB
adapter then a USB-RS232 adapter to get the modem working.

Also, what is the model # of the modem you have?  I don't recall any modems
working off of a parallel port, perhaps it's a 25 pin serial connection?

FIRESTORM_v1