[SATLUG] not successful at installfest

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 23:53:55 CST 2008

The port is 25 pin. I'm not familiar with older computer technology, so I said that. Are those Serial-to-USB adapters compatible with Linux and inexpensive? Can they be bought from Walmart or Radio Shack, or should I go somewhere else?

Jim Wells <jfw5cpa at gmail.com> wrote: I would think it has a USB port?  If so, use a USB-to-Serial adapter.
(AFAIK, no US Robotics modem uses a PARALLEL port.  I would think that
it is probably a 25-pin SERIAL port.)

Jim