[SATLUG] not successful at installfest

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Jan 28 08:31:23 CST 2008

> The port is 25 pin. I'm not familiar with older computer technology, so I said that. Are those Serial-to-USB adapters compatible with Linux and inexpensive? Can they be bought from Walmart or Radio Shack, or should I go somewhere else?

We have had good experience with Keyspan USB-to-serial adapters. We bought them
off of www.pricewatch.com or similar outlet.

On another thought - has it been confirmed that the winmodem on this laptop
is indeed *not* supported by Linux? Just asking, because some of them can be
made to work.

-Borries