[SATLUG] OT: CDRW Media

John Chalinder argiod at bresnan.net
Mon Jan 28 11:08:17 CST 2008

I have trouble with CDWR and DVDRW both the - and the + formats. I have a
stack of disks gathering dust on my shelf. Most of the time the drive will not
even 'see' the disk, and repeatedly ask me to 'insert disk'. Some disks that I
know have data on them will read as blank and ready to burn.

In addition; I have an HP Lightscribe, and it won't even acknowledge disks
made specifically for it. It will burn a label just fine. But, what good to
label a disk that won't take data?

I'm waiting to see if anything will be done in the industry to improve the
functioning of these drives before I waste another penny on it. So far, all
the disks I've bought are nothing but expensive paperweights.