[SATLUG] OT: CDRW Media

John Chalinder argiod at bresnan.net
Mon Jan 28 15:12:59 CST 2008

I've updated the flash twice since I got this machine. It doesn't seem to make
any difference.

The unit is an HP Lightscribe (HP dvd640) external drive. And, it is way past
warrantee. Also, the last time I had problems with it I slammed the drawer
shut a bit too hard... so it's academic at this point. It would cost more to
fix than to repair. I'll wait until the technology is more mature before
getting into it again. Meanwhile, I'm looking into some massive flash drives
that don't require media to record.