[SATLUG] not successful at installfest

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 21:34:57 CST 2008

James ran the scanModem script on his laptop. Here's the information from it.

ModemData.txt
http://rafb.net/p/9T4yQe26.html

scanout.00:1f.6
http://rafb.net/p/TpMc4f13.html

What should he do next?

Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote: >
> The port is 25 pin. I'm not familiar with older computer technology, so I said that. Are those Serial-to-USB adapters compatible with Linux and inexpensive? Can they be bought from Walmart or Radio Shack, or should I go somewhere else?

We have had good experience with Keyspan USB-to-serial adapters. We bought them
off of www.pricewatch.com or similar outlet.

On another thought - has it been confirmed that the winmodem on this laptop
is indeed *not* supported by Linux? Just asking, because some of them can be
made to work.

-Borries