[SATLUG] Managed System Monitoring

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Tue Jan 29 09:25:52 CST 2008

<20080129082711.lakmgtgqo0g04wck at shlrm.org>
<479F3B3A.3030402 at rugmonster.org> <20080129090230.qnlaiwsfesk0oo84 at shlrm.org>

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:02:30 -0600, David Kowis <dkowis at shlrm.org> wrote:
> The key here is: finding a company that will respond 24x7. That's
> quite expensive, and I don't know anyone that will do it. I only know
> of Rackspace around here, and you have to use their servers and their
> hardware. San Antonio doesn't have the most diverse technical services.

Well, the company can be based anywhere. They're looking for remote
solutions. The client isn't in Texas.

Here are some examples of what I'm looking for and to find out if anyone
has had experience with companies offering these types of services...

http://www.secureworks.com/services/monitored/

http://www.counterpane.com/managed-security-services.html

Those are just the first relevant hits on a Google search for "managed
security monitoring". I hope this helps clarify what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Daniel