[SATLUG] not successful at installfest

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 13:01:57 CST 2008

Are you saying that Puppy Linux includes drivers and has the ability to set them up during installation for software winmodems?

"scs at worldlinkisp.com" <scs at worldlinkisp.com> wrote: >------- Original Message -------
>From:Chris / Sent: 1/28/2008 10:34:57 PM
>James ran the scanModem script on his laptop.
Here's the information from it.
What should he do next?
Here's a simplistic idea, obtain a copy of
PuppyLinux (Live CD) and run it on the laptop.
If it can be configured, I believe Puppy will
do it, based on correct interactive responses
(during installation).  Worked good on a Toshiba
Tecra 8100 (winmodem).  This should help you
decide the course to pursue, attempting to hack
it or going with an external modem.

HTH Lou