[SATLUG] OFF TOPIC: "Say No to Photo-ID" for Cred Card purchases...

Tom Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Thu Jan 31 16:06:49 CST 2008

Sorry for the off topic post.. But I don't know how many times now I've
been "required" to show a photo ID when using my CC.. but I'm really getting
sick of it.  Your self validating signature (in person and on back of the
card) is all that is required legally by both Visa and Master Card*

Has anyone else had problems bucking this?

To have my civil liberty of self validation stolen by the state government and
local vendors is simply not something that I'm willing to give up...

Tweeks
* See Visa and MC rules around this both referenced here
http://www.wlindley.com/archives/28