[SATLUG] OFF TOPIC: "Say No to Photo-ID" for Cred Card purchases...

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Jan 31 16:51:37 CST 2008

>------- Original Message -------
>From: Tom Weeks, Sent: 1/31/2008 5:06:49 PM
But I don't know how many times now I've been
"required" to show a photo ID when using my CC..
but I'm really getting  sick of it.  Your self
validating signature (in person and on back of the
card) is all that is required legally by both Visa
and Master Card*

Has anyone else had problems bucking this?

To have my civil liberty of self validation stolen
by the state government and local vendors is simply
not something that I'm willing to give up...
-----------------------------------
I present my Sams Club or Costco photo ID and
they can take it or I leave, and leave it on the
counter.

And say you show your TDL, these idiots then write
the ID number on the check and in human processing
it then passes through many hands (and eyes) enroute
to archival storage.

I've used to have this problem with Compass bank
when cashing my personal checks, in their lobby and
drawn on their bank, until they learned I was one
crusty militant old S.O.B.

Lou    (viva Ron Paul and the Constitution)